Saturday, April 20, 2013

10 Reasons Not To Weigh 

During Mind/Body Hcg Protocol Round

  1. If I gain weight, or stall, I might give up and eat everything in sight.
  2. If I lose weight, I might be too happy and eat everything in sight.
  3. Weight loss does not give me any information about how I have done eating to hunger.  Only I can give that information.  The scale can take that power from me.
  4. Weight says nothing about fat gain, loss, or shifts.
  5. Focusing on weight will orient my thinking back to size and body image and away from my goal: to eat in response to HUNGER and break the cycle of emotional eating.
  6. Monitoring my weight will change my goal to a weight loss amount rather than the weight loss being a side effect of being a healthier, happier, person.
  7. Whether or not I weigh myself, the magic will happen . . . so let it be magical!
  8. I don't want my kids seeing me on the scale multiple times a day (I always start with weighing once, then twice, usually three times).
  9. Before this, not weighing myself has been a symptom of me giving up.  From now on, I want not weighing to be associated with being more and more in tune with my body rather than needing an appliance to give me the 411.
  10. I decided I would not do it, and I want to keep my commitment to myself!
I did give in and weigh myself, and I don't know why.  I hadn't weighed myself since about a week before I began my protocol so I don't really know what the number means.  206.4 was my weight.  I guess when I am done I can use this number to have an idea of what I lost.  But I can't care about that.

I have bigger fish to poach.

8 Reasons I Would Rather Defeat Emotional Eating

Then Lose Weight

  1. I can gain the weight back.  If I quit emotional eating, I will not have a mind that leads my body down that path.
  2. You can be a skinny bulimic or anorexic.  I want to be a role model more than I want to be a fashion model.
  3. I want to trust my body, not control it.
  4. I want to love and respect my body, not hate and fight it.
  5. If I only eat when I am hungry, I don't have to worry about getting sick, hormonal issues like PMS or TOM.  I can have confidence that my body will take care of business.
  6. I like food, and I don't want it to become my enemy.
  7. I am more tired of the dieting roller coaster then I am of being fat.  So why not end the madness in a way that will give me the full happy ending I want?
  8. I can eat whatever I want a stay a healthy size! (Except I will have changed what I want and when I want it)

No comments:

Post a Comment